Q. I feel tired and weak with gastro problem and food allergy. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I have a gastro problem. I am always tired, weak, and dizzy when I wake up. I cannot do any workout. I am allergic to some foods especially milk. What should I do?

#

Well, it is not uncommon to have some systemic symptoms like lethargy, weakness, and apathy when one have gastric issues. But it is important to understand what predominant gastric issue you are facing at the moment.

Is this only gas which troubles you, or gas with pain? And do you feel constipated? Or having acid reflux, or any other abdominal symptoms you feel which is bothering you?

In more than 50% of the world adult population there is a deficiency in an enzyme called lactase which digests milk. So it is not uncommon to have excessive gas and bloating especially after taking milk or milk based things. The only way is to avoid taking excessive consumption of the milk, or use tablet Lactaid 9000 FU which is lactase enzyme. Take it just before having milk or milk based things.

Let me know regarding other relevant information as asked above, I will be able to give you some treatment for your problem.

Peptic ulcer disease. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Slowing of stomach or small intestine. Irritable bowel.

| 

Can cold and sinus problem aggravate my peptic ulcer symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed with peptic ulcer four months back, and I was put on Omeprazole. I took it for three and a half weeks, but then due to horrendous side effects and the need for an H.pylori test, I stopped taking it for around 10 days. The H.pylori test came back negative. I was th...  Read Full »

Can upper abdominal pain be due to peptic ulcer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am 210 lbs and 5 ft 10 in. Lately I have been having really bad upper abdominal pain and tenderness. I get really sharp pains in the same area when I lift heavy things, it is so uncomfortable at all times. I have a history of peptic ulcers from the time I wa...  Read Full »

My son complains of stomach pain and discomfort. What would be the likely reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 year old son lives in a village and is habitual of having milk twice a day. As he loves milk sometimes, he drinks raw milk (unsterilized milk). His father owns a dairy business. For the last one week, he is not feeling well and mostly complained about having a stomach ache, fatigue ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»