Q. My son complains of stomach pain and discomfort. What would be the likely reason?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

My 5 year old son lives in a village and is habitual of having milk twice a day. As he loves milk sometimes, he drinks raw milk (unsterilized milk). His father owns a dairy business. For the last one week, he is not feeling well and mostly complained about having a stomach ache, fatigue and usually restless. What would be the likely reason for such complaint?

#

• There could be some gas problem probably, which is a minor issue.
  • I suggest syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 2.5 mL thrice a day for three days.
  • Also, I would advise against drinking raw milk. Please sterilize and drink. Please educate your son about raw milk that it can cause diseases and the need for sterilization.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|