Q. Eating fatty foods give me severe stomach cramps. What could be the reason?

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Pancreatitis or Stomach Cramps? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 24 year old female. What could be the cause of a severe stomach pain that happens after eating nuts, seeds, and things with oil in them?

By oil, I mean even olive oil and not just greasy foods. This reaction has been happening for a year or so, and I have avoided these foods as a result.

I recently had rice with olive oil, and within five minutes, my stomach hurt so bad that it felt like the beginning or middle stages of labor.

I have taken a Pepcid, and it did nothing. I do not have any diarrhea or vomiting, just severe pain, and stomach cramps.