Q. I have food allergy. Will this allergy persist for the rest of my life?

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

I have food allergy and I want to learn more about my situation. I have a lot of allergies and I cannot eat almost everything. Is there any test I can take to check and find out if it will go off? Will this allergy persist for the rest of my life? Doctor's report says, 31 years old female known case of thalassemia trait, sinusitis presented a h/o allergy in the tongue wide, not related to anything, the tongue becomes enlarged and wide that covers the teeth. It is associated with pain and difficultly in swallowing. Patient's sleep improves with antibiotic. Please advice as soon as possible.

#

• According to your history and symptoms you need to find out the allergen which is hurting you, by observing your daily lifestyle properly.
  • Best treatment for allergy is to avoid the allergen.
  • You may get relief with tablet Allegra 120mg once daily.
  • There is no definitive cure for allergy, but you can test allergy by blood test now.
  • With blood test you can check around 3000 allergens causing harm to your body.
  • Many of my patients get relief by yoga especially pranayama and sudarshan kriya. So, you can also do that.

Wishing you good health.

Revert back with the reports to an allergy specialist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

I have attached my reports. Please advise.

#

I have seen all your reports.

• You have many ingredients which you are not allergic to.
  • So, continue taking those food items which you are not allergic to.
  • Avoid those substances to which you are allergic like egg white, cow milk, wheat etc.
  • When you taste new food items, take it separately and wait to see if there is any allergy to that substance.
  • Keep your own record of allergens by observing and noting down.
  • Take medications whenever you encounter any allergy.

Take care.

For further follow up, consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|