iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsfood for baby22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

22-month-old niece tries to eat but stops. Help?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At July 13, 2019
Reviewed AtMay 21, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. M. L. Kothari


Welcome to icliniq.com.

According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste. To start with stop milk for 4 hours for 15 days and give semisolid diet next 15 days stop milk for 8 hours and provide semisolid food lastly stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and provide semisolid diet. Give your kid following supplements,

1. Vitanova drops (Vitamin D3) one ml once a day.

2. Feris (Ferrous Ascorbate) drops one ml once a day.

3. Zincovit (multivitamin) drops one ml once a day.

4. Syrup Ostebon (Calcium and vitamin D3) one teaspoon full twice a day.

All above for six months.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. M. L. Kothari
Dr. M. L. Kothari


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

food for babyzincovit

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy