Q. My 22-months-old niece attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Please help.

Dr. M.l. Kothari

My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. Kindly help.

#

According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste. To start with stop milk for 4 hours for 15 days and give semisolid diet next 15 days stop milk for 8 hours and provide semisolid food lastly stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and provide semisolid diet. Give your kid following supplements,

1. Vitanova drops (Vitamin D3) one ml once a day.

2. Feris drops one ml once a day.

3. Zincovit drops one ml once a day.

4. Syrup Ostebon one teaspoon full twice a day.

All above for six months.

|