Q. My 22-months-old niece attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Please help.

Dr. M.l.kothari
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 12, 2019

My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. Kindly help.

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrics
#

According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water and add sugar as per your taste. To start with stop milk for 4 hours for 15 days and give semisolid diet next 15 days stop milk for 8 hours and provide semisolid food lastly stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and provide semisolid diet. Give your kid following supplements,

1. Vitanova drops (Vitamin D3) one ml once a day.

2. Feris drops one ml once a day.

3. Zincovit drops one ml once a day.

4. Syrup Ostebon one teaspoon full twice a day.

All above for six months.

Is my chest pain due to vitamin D3 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor,Four months ago, I consulted you on this platform for premature complexes which I was having without any other symptoms. Below is my query and your answer - I am a male of 48 years of age. I have a lean build and do regular exercise. Since childhood, I had a tendency for heart palpitat...  Read Full »

What is the proper diet chart for a 6-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My infant is turning 6 months this month and we are moving to a different place. I am looking for a complete diet chart for an infant. Can you please help me get a diet chart and how to make the baby food for my baby, please? Also, can we preserve food in the freezer? My son's current...  Read Full »

Why do I feel weak while sitting and working?

Query: Hi doctor, From past few days, I feel very weak while sitting and working. I do not feel energetic, and most of the time I feel sleepy and lazy. I have a little pain in the body, so I am not able to concentrate properly on anything. My blood pressure is 119/72 mmHg, and pulse is 72. I even have pa...  Read Full »