Q. Why do I feel weak while sitting and working?

Published on Apr 29, 2017

From past few days, I feel very weak while sitting and working. I do not feel energetic, and most of the time I feel sleepy and lazy. I have a little pain in the body, so I am not able to concentrate properly on anything.

My blood pressure is 119/72 mmHg, and pulse is 72. I even have pain in my legs and back, and I do not have much energy in my body.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

There are various causes like thyroid problems, anemia, vitamin deficiency especially vitamin D and even psychological issues which are the most common.

You should get hemoglobin levels, thyroid function test, and vitamin D levels checked.

I suggest you try doing the following :

1. Try taking multivitamin supplements like syrup Zincovit or A to Z, two teaspoons once a day for 3 to 4 weeks.
  2. Replace tea with coffee, and have two to three times a day, especially before some important work, which will provide adequate interest and stimulation.
  3. Regular exercises or sports will be helpful.
  4. Gradually taper off addictions, If any.
  5. You will probably need vitamin D supplements after the test.
  6. Try doing yoga in the morning.

Do you have any psychological issues like stress or depressive? If yes, then you need to consult a psychiatrist.

Revert with more information to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for replying. No, there are no psychological issues like stress and depression, and I feel that I do not eat much. I eat very less and avoid eating fast food; still, I do not loose weight. I feel fat and lack energy most of the time. Can this be because of thyroid problem?

#

• Yes, it can be due to thyroid as well. You get the tests done.
  • Focus on regular exercises. I guess there is no upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating, burping, reflux problem? These are suggestive of gastritis and acidity.

All the best.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Please explain my mental pressure in professional point of view.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure if I should be doing this, but I am worried. I really want to die. I have always considered it, but I have goals like seeing my books published. But, for the past few months, I have cared less for the books and more for how to die. I am trapped in school to study engineering...  Read Full »

My skin gets peeled daily. Can this happen due to vitamin deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, My foot and hand skin layers are removing day by day. But, new layer is coming after that. I am having this problem for the past three weeks since the starting of winter. Does this happen due to vitamin deficiency? Should I take any medicine?  Read Full »

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full »