Q. I have vomiting, loose motion and fever. What kind of fever do I have?

Dr. Arpit Varshney
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2018

I have a vomit, loose motion, fever, and body ache. I want to know what kind of fever I have. What are the medicines I can use? And what are the health tips I can follow?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I will surely help you out. From the symptoms, you have described you most probably have food poisoning. So for vomiting and nausea you need Ondansetron or Domperidone.

For fever, Paracetamol will suffice and for body ache, you should have Diclofenac with Ranitidine. Also, antibiotics need to be started. Empirical antibiotics are Ofloxacin and Ornidazole but for definite antibiotic stool culture and sensitivity is required.

If you get repeated infection then some serology testing and anti-parasite drugs are required. There is no specific type of fever in food poisoning but for details, you can visit a nearby hospital and get your work up done and attending doctor will help you out with more details.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|