Q. I have foot ache and tingling sensation for the last couple of weeks. Why?

Dr. K Shanmuganandan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2019

I am a 37-year-old female. For the past couple of weeks, I have foot ache and feel a cold tingling sensation on and off. My blood reports and ECG are normal. I have no health issues. But I have a cheek tingling occasionally.

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

You seem to have mild neural pain. It could be due to the gentle compression of nerves. Please take Vitamin supplements and if persisting, Pregabalin after an evaluation by neurophysician. Please feel free to question me in this regard.

The pain starts at my thigh and then passes down to the foot with weird tingling sensation which comes and goes. And sometimes there occurs pain in the left side of face also. I feel my neck muscles are tight. It hurts when pushing on the calf and feels very tight. So may I take some Vitamin D? My Vitamin D level was normal before.

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

#

You can take Vitamin B 12 and daily Vitamin D supplements. Take warm water showers, and it will improve in a few days.

Can Metrogyl cause tingling sensation in hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I took the antibiotic Metrogyl for a bacterial vaginosis infection. It was a 7-day course which I completed four days back. Since then, I have had a tingling sensation in my hands and feet and a sort of achy numbness in my arms and legs. I had a blood test a week ago for something els...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to Metronidazole adverse effect. You should know that this drug can cause neuropathy as a possible adverse effect. For this reason, I recommend consulting with your attending doctor and performi...  Read Full

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your symptoms, you seems to have a urinary tract infection. The treatment is a full course of antibiotics which ranges from three to seven days depending on the severity of symptoms. Antibiotics usually give symptomatic relief in 24 hours but it takes mini...  Read Full

I have a tingling sensation in my inner arm. Is it something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tingling sensation without pain in the inner aspect of the arm on and off. Also, I have a tingling in the gluteal and lower back sometimes going to the feet. I  have no other issues. I am awaiting a neurologist appointment. It is only on the left side. Is it serious?  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I  went through your post. A tingling sensation in the limbs is due to nerve compression by age-related bone changes in the backbone (vertebrae). However, you seem to have it on two sites, one is the cervical spine and the second in the lumbosacral region. It is no...  Read Full