Q. What causes foot pain?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 11, 2019

What does it mean when you have hurt your foot? It is not swollen but it hurts.

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

Normally, when the foot is twisted, it is likely to have a soft tissue injury like sprain of the ligaments. If you have flat foot then minor twisting can also lead to hairline fracture and sprain. Although both the conditions will cause swelling, in your case no swelling is present but throbbing is a sign of inflammation. So, start anti-inflammatory treatment like Diclofenac 50 mg or Ibuprofe twice a day.

Get an X-ray done to look for a repeat fracture. Use ice packs. Tie bandage under guidance of an expert as correct positioning is essential and pain relief sprays for local application. Give the foot adequate rest.

|