Q. What causes foot pain?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
Published on Oct 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 11, 2019

What does it mean when you have hurt your foot? It is not swollen but it hurts.

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

Normally, when the foot is twisted, it is likely to have a soft tissue injury like sprain of the ligaments. If you have flat foot then minor twisting can also lead to hairline fracture and sprain. Although both the conditions will cause swelling, in your case no swelling is present but throbbing is a sign of inflammation. So, start anti-inflammatory treatment like Diclofenac 50 mg or Ibuprofe twice a day.

Get an X-ray done to look for a repeat fracture. Use ice packs. Tie bandage under guidance of an expert as correct positioning is essential and pain relief sprays for local application. Give the foot adequate rest.

What is your opinion about my knee pain after 12 years of surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had arthroscopic knee bilateral chondromalacia patella joint debridement done before 12 years. Now, the pain had started again and I am having some swelling. Please suggest what I should do.  Read Full >>

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are a few suggestions. I suggest anti-inflammatory tablet like Voveran 75 mg (Diclofenac) twice a day after meals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. For swelling use a compression bandage and ice the area for 20 minu...  Read Full

What are the treatment options for knee and foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full

Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Tablet Diclomol (combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) is an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and an antipyretic. It will help to decrease the fever very well.  It has an adverse effect of reducing c...  Read Full