Q. What is the treatment for fordyce spot type rashes on the penis?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 14, 2019

I am 25 years old. I have fordyce spot type rashes on my penis for many years. Is there any treatment for it? I have oily skin.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Extraction and laser could be done.

Is there any medicine or treatment? And is there any specific food which I should eat or avoid?

#

There is no relation with food. Extraction and CO2 (carbondioxide) lasers are the treatment of choice. In extraction, with the help of the needle, the material inside the gland would be extracted. And with CO2 laser they will be burned flat. I hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Is hirsuties coronae glandis a contagious one?

Query: Hi doctor, There are a few little things around my glans. I think I have hirsuties coronae glandis. What can I do about it? Is it contagious? Please explain.  Read Full »

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

How to manage the scab that occur after removal of wart through laser?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a bump on my arm. I thought it was a burn so I broke it and it became more prominent. It was there for almost two months. So I went to a skin doctor, and they said it is a wart from a germ. They gave me three options. Either apply a cream, liquid nitrogen, and laser (C02fl). I c...  Read Full »