Sebaceous Cyst

Is it possible for a pimple on a nose to be skin cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a zit or pimple on my nose. I had it for a few years. I was never worried about it. It does not look too extreme or anything. But someone mentioned about skin cancer sometimes starting as small red bumps that do not go away. I am not sure if it is possible to have a pimple for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload the pictures of affected areas for an exact diagnosis.  Read Full »

Can Surfaz-SN be used for acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a small acne on my penis. Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne? If that is not useful, then please suggest me a correct cream. I do not like to go for surgery. Thank you.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. With your description, it seems that you have developed molluscum contagiosum. Please get a review with a picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern. Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> ...  Read Full »

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

Why am I having red lump under armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, Is my armpit lump something serious? Slightly red lump under left armpit. Appeared approximately two weeks ago, slowly went away and almost disappeared, now it came back again. Only a tiny amount of pain when pressing. Feels a bit like a small hard pea. No fever, no weightloss, but sl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query carefully, I have seen pictures also (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I just want to tell you that you need not worry about that lump. The lump may be a sebaceous cyst, which is very common and sometimes disappeared automatically....  Read Full »

How is furuncle on the penis treated?

Query: Hi, I have a problem. I am a 24 year old caucasian male. Past history: 1 and a half years ago a boil - carbuncle formed on my penis, popped after 4 days. I used Framykoin for a week and it went away. A month later molluscum contagosium formed right above penis, stayed like that for 2 weeks, then doc...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming to the differential diagnosis and treatment: Chances of it being furuncle is less as it is a progressive condition and would have certainly popped out by pressing. Carbuncle is the collection of furuncle, so chances of it again is very less. Since you have a...  Read Full »

Why do I have a pimple in my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My question is I can feel a very small hard pimple under the penis skin. When I get erection and press it, I feel a little pain. What is that? I cannot figure it out. Is it a pimple or something else? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely dealing with a sebaceous cyst. They are similar to pimple. A sebaceous gland is a microscopic gland in the skin which secretes a waxy liquid known as sebum. It opens on the skin via an opening known as a punctum. When the opening gets blocked, th...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove milia with a needle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

What is the white seed-like boil on my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have something like a small seed inside the skin below the penis. If pressed hard, a white material comes out, only when the foreskin is open. The fluid has a bad smell to it. It has been there for two years. Only during a hard erection, it produces a discomfort due to its sharp pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the last two years, is there a continuous worsening of this condition or was there on and off episodes? Revert back with an image. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have a pimple on my foreskin. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pimple on my foreskin around 15 days ago. I squeezed it and applied an antibacterial cream, but there was very little improvement . From the same day, I am having some stomach problem and anxiety. So, I visited my physician today, and he prescribed Vapal 150 and Cufix 200, a...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, and the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel it is not a simple pimple. It seems like a subcutaneous cyst. Although this is completely harmless, I recom...  Read Full »

What is causing burning sensation while urination and tired eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a black male. I have a burning sensation when urinating and my eyes feel tired and a bit watery from time to time. I have itching between my anus and my scrotum. Recently, I have noticed a dark black mark on my penis shaft just below the crown of my penis and about a month ago, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard nodule bursting on your buttocks was an infected sebaceous cyst. If recurrent on the same spot, you may need a small surgery of cyst excision. For eyes, get refractive error checked and if needed specs. Burning urination is with poor flow, straining of urine? H...  Read Full »