Q. These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me before up until now. The dermatologist said it appears to be 'deep seated nodular swellings with redness and inflammation'. He said they might have been two small sebaceous cysts which have now gotten infected. He recommended I take an oral antibiotic Amoxicillin for a week and Ibuprofen. I just wanted a second opinion from someone who is more knowledgeable in this area.

#

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have pain or fever?

Yes, it definitely looks like a sebaceous cyst. You should take antibiotics as prescribed. When infection and inflammation subsides you will require getting it removed surgically. If swelling and inflammation do not reduce in five days than contact a urologist or general surgeon. You may require clinical examination and they will suggest getting it removed.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Yes ever since the inflammation it has been painful when touched.

#

Welcome bck to icliniq.com.

If inflammation and pain do not subside then it may require a surgical excision.

Consult a urologist if the swelling does not subside and get it removed.

|