Q. These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me before up until now. The dermatologist said it appears to be 'deep seated nodular swellings with redness and inflammation'. He said they might have been two small sebaceous cysts which have now gotten infected. He recommended I take an oral antibiotic Amoxicillin for a week and Ibuprofen. I just wanted a second opinion from someone who is more knowledgeable in this area.

#

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have pain or fever?

Yes, it definitely looks like a sebaceous cyst. You should take antibiotics as prescribed. When infection and inflammation subsides you will require getting it removed surgically. If swelling and inflammation do not reduce in five days than contact a urologist or general surgeon. You may require clinical examination and they will suggest getting it removed.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Yes ever since the inflammation it has been painful when touched.

#

Welcome bck to icliniq.com.

If inflammation and pain do not subside then it may require a surgical excision.

Consult a urologist if the swelling does not subside and get it removed.

| 

What are the complications of surgical removal of sebaceous cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 52 years old and she has a painless sebaceous cyst at the back of her head. She has been advised surgical excision. Is it safe? Are there any complications? Will her hair grow back?  Read Full »

What is causing burning sensation while urination and tired eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a black male. I have a burning sensation when urinating and my eyes feel tired and a bit watery from time to time. I have itching between my anus and my scrotum. Recently, I have noticed a dark black mark on my penis shaft just below the crown of my penis and about a month ago, I...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»