Q. Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne on my penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am 25 years old. I have a small acne on my penis. Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne? If that is not useful, then please suggest me a correct cream. I do not like to go for surgery. Thank you.

#

I have read your concern.

With your description, it seems that you have developed molluscum contagiosum.

Please get a review with a picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern.

Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please find the attached photo of acne. Is it harmful? I do not like to see this. Please help me to remove this from my penis by using an ointment.

#

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems that you have developed sebaceous cyst of scrotum.

• The simple application of ointment will not remove the cyst. You can go for radiofrequency ablation.
  • It is not a major surgery. In this, the doctor will first puncture the cyst with radiofrequency cautery and then oozes out or extrude out the material inside. This is curative.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

It's dangerous for me or not?
#

Hi again

welcome you on icliniq

• Its not dangerous, its only cyst containing keratin material
  • Procedure basically include removal of the wall of cyst and extrude all material from cavity

|