Q. What is the treatment given for fractured tooth?

Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I fell down and I got knocked in my front right incisor and it does not move back. It is also a permanent tooth. I am taking tablet Vyvanse.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry, we can manage it. First of all, do not touch it or try to push it back into position. Do not bite on that tooth. There is bleeding which is from the gums (as the picture is not clear). So, there is soft tissue injury too. Next, we will have to take an intra-oral periapical radiograph to check whether there is a crown-root fracture or the whole tooth has moved.

If there is a fracture of the root, the treatment will vary based on the location of the fracture. If it is just displacement with the whole segment of a tooth, we can replace it back into position and splint the tooth. In later stages, if you have pain or discoloration of the teeth, we can go for root canal treatment.

Hence, visit your dentist soon and get the treatment done. Kindly do not delay, and do not worry. In any situation, we have treatment (simple or complex based on clinical examination and radiograph) and it will not affect your esthetics and function.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|