Q. My feet is numb and tingly. Is it due to nerve entrapment?

Answered by Dr. Hitesh Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Numbness In Feet or Muscle Relaxant? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My feet is numb and tingly.  Is it due to nerve entrapment?

Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the outside of the sole started, but after a while, this became permanent tingling and some numbness in the same area. The problems in my right foot began a few weeks later. As far as I can tell, the problems are located in the medial plantar nerve in the right foot, and the lateral plantar nerve in the left foot. There are also a lot of muscle twitching in the right foot arch, and the symptoms can easily be aggravated by tapping on the outside of the legs, from the knee and down. Tapping on the inside of the ankles also reproduce the symptoms. I have done three NCS and EMG, but it showed no signs of neuropathy or any other nerve disease. I am taking Gabapentin and Lyrica. Please help.