Q. What could be the reason for bleeding of glans after intercourse?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

About two weeks ago, I noticed a cut in the glans area of my penis, on the underside, just below the end of the meatus. It was bleeding a little bit, which I guess was brought upon by the starting of intercourse. Upon looking closely, I also noticed some white deposits on the glans felt like wet tissue paper which rolled off with soap and water. As I was travelling, I did a quick check with my GP, who suggested applying an antibiotic ointment. He also suggested seeing a urologist in case it did not get alright by the time I get back. Over the next few days, I applied the ointment and washed the penis regularly, as the smegma, which is what I am assuming after checking online, was still there. After about five days, it started looking clean and the cut seemed healed. Also, I was able to get back to intercourse. Over the next 10 days or so, I probably had intercourse about four times and there was no problem. Well, there was a slight occasional itch sometimes. The smegma seemed to come back to some extent, if I skipped cleaning any particular day, but if I washed regularly, then it was fine. The last night, I had intercourse and there was some discomfort at first, but it went away. Later, I noticed a significant amount of blood. There was a cut in pretty much the same place as before and there had been a lot of bleeding from that. When I checked closely, there was some smegma again. I am still traveling. I am wondering if there is some cause for serious concern here and whether I need to see somebody locally right away. Is there something I can do right away to allay or solve the problem?

#

• You must be having frenulum breve (short frenulum) and that must be torn whenever you have intercourse.
  • There is a small artery (blood vessel) in it and that can cause bleeding.
  • You can apply antibiotic ointments and should avoid intercourse till it is rectified.
  • After reaching back, please consult a urologist or general surgeon and get it corrected. It is a minor procedure.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|