Short Frenulum Penis

What should I do to help my tight foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with my foreskin and glans. I am experiencing slight difficulty in pulling my foreskin back and forth over the penis. My glans penis are also very sensitive to touch. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Has this been there since your puberty days? Or did it occur recently?  Read Full »

How to manage a ridged band at the end of the foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. My query is that I have read that a guy must pull back his foreskin by the age of 17. But I still cannot pull it completely back because of a small sort of connection between the tip of my gland and the foreskin (probably a photo would be helpful to explain better). ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you provided shows that you have a band at the lower part of your meatus. It needs to be resected and corrected surgically. Then automatically, all will be well. But the only option is corrective surgery, and ...  Read Full »

Can an injury to the penis make it numb and shrink?

Query: Hi doctor, I remember that I twisted and pulled my penis and had a sudden shrink and felt some numbness. Can the penis head be 360 degrees turned inside? It looks quite normal, but the frenulum is numb and stiff, like steel. It is painful, and it stings. As I massaged it with cocoa butter, it is li...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the penis root is composed of soft tissue and cannot be twisted 360 degrees inside. Even if you use all your force to twist your penis, it will return to normal unless there is dama...  Read Full »

Is there any other method to remove penile skin bridge apart from surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed that I have a penile skin bridge. I thought it was normal at first. But after searching on the internet I found that at the age of 24 it can only be removed by surgery. Is there any other method apart from surgery to remove the penile skin bridge? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are talking of phimosis (inability to retract the foreskin fully over your glans penis) then yes, it can be removed only by surgery. But do you actually have phimosis is the real question. Try to retract the skin and the point where it is not possible then cli...  Read Full »

Is blood from penis with mild itching and short frenulum a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, Today when I was taking my bath, as usual, I cleaned my penis shaft and cleaned the area under my foreskin. After dried my body, I saw 10 drops of blood on the floor and the bleeding continued for two minutes maximum. I have a short frenulum problem (but not serious). I am an unmarrie...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have short frenulum. Bleeding can be due to trauma during cleaning. If it recurs kindly see the source or exact site. For itching, you can take tablet Levocetirizine on demand. You can also apply Lignocaine 2% jelly locally (which may decrease some sens...  Read Full »

Irritation at the base of penis head after sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I got married before two years. For the past three to four months, I have a condition of irritation at the base of the head of penis head, tight foreskin and redness especially where the foreskin is connected to the head. It happens after intercourse and it takes a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I presume that your problems are due to a condition called frenulum breve, where the skinfold attaching prepuce to glans base is very short. The best treatment for this condition is a surgical correction called frenuloplasty. It is a daycare procedure and can be done unde...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bleeding of glans after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, About two weeks ago, I noticed a cut in the glans area of my penis, on the underside, just below the end of the meatus. It was bleeding a little bit, which I guess was brought upon by the starting of intercourse. Upon looking closely, I also noticed some white deposits on the glans felt l...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having frenulum breve (short frenulum) and that must be torn whenever you have intercourse. There is a small artery (blood vessel) in it and that can cause bleeding. You can apply antibiotic ointments and should avoid intercourse till it is rectified. After r...  Read Full »