Q. Why is there skin tear in frenulum area after circumcision?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Jul 06, 2019

I had a circumcision 18 days back. All my stitches got dissolved and the swelling also is getting reduced each day. But my frenulum looks teared, and a pinkish white layer is formed. Previously, a scab was there and when it fell off, I could see no skin except a tear with a knife around the frenulum area. Is it normal? Will the skin grow back by itself? If so, how long will it take?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Your circumcision area looks healthy with no pus discharge (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Follow the following instructions:

1. Maintain hygiene over there.

2. Tablet Advent 625 mg PO BD for five days to avoid infection.

3. Tablet Chymoral Forte one tablet PO BD, if you have pain, swelling or discharge, immediately meet local surgeon.

And will the skin get regenerated by itself without any additional treatment? If so, how long will it take?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

It will heal automatically.

But the tissue on the lower layer of the penis on the backside is completely unattached with the shaft. And it looks like a horizontal cut around the penis. Is this normal? Will the tissue grow by itself over a period of time ?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

As you have done circumcision, where the first step is to incise frenulum which attach skin to penis shaft. So, it will take time to heal. If you want to prevent any infection, you can clean with Betadine ointment and apply Mupirocin ointment over penis area. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to heal completely.

I was afraid just because the lower penis looks folded with no stitches or attachment to any part of the penis rather than just a horizontal cut on the back side of the penis. So, I will just wait for the granulation tissue to grow by itself in a span of two months?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Yes, you are correct. Just avoid infection and wear scrotal support garments, which supports your penis also.

Do fever and cold increase the creatinine and uric acid levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male weighing 90 kg with a height of 5'9", suffered with fever as well as cold routinely in the last month. My doctor advised me some blood test as my BP at the time of consultation was 130/110 but I was not having BP problems. The last checkup reveals normal BP 120/80...  Read Full »

What does IgG positive and IgM negative mean in an EBV test?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got EBV test done. My result was IgG positive and IgM negative. What does this mean? Is it life threatening like HIV? Is it contagious? Please guide.  Read Full »

What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I have been having sex using a condom and it has been fine. Now we want to conceive and we are having sex without a condom and he experiences pain in his penis which causes him to lose his erection. He also experienced a cut in his penis area which caused bleeding that ...  Read Full »