Q. My frenulum is attached to the tip of urethra with excessive foreskin. Please help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 21, 2020

I am 19 years old and worried about my penis. The frenulum does not seem to be attached to the underside of the head but it is attached more to the tip around the urethra. Also, I think I have excessive foreskin as when it is nonerect, it scrunches up more than it should at the tip. It also does not retract naturally when erect, I have to pull it over the head which can sometimes be quite tight when it is not lubricated or dry. Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

#

That attachment of frenulum to the tip around the urethra that can be a variation of normal. The main problem is the retraction of the foreskin which is difficult unless you use a lubricant. That is considered a mild degree of phimosis.

Phimosis can be severe and foreskin can be so tight have pinhole and can be mildly retracted with difficulty. There can be two types of treatment which can be medical or surgical but for your case likely medical treatment will be effective. The treatment for this can be by using steroid cream applying Hydrocortisone cream twice daily on the foreskin and start retracting after two weeks until the completion of treatment for six weeks. Follow up is important with the picture to know more and have accurate assessment.

| 

Where do I get this cream from and are there any recommended brands? Also, please can you elaborate more on the application process and how it works?

#

This cream is available at any pharmacy. It is available in the name of Hydrocortisone 1 % cream 15 g. You can put inside the foreskin at the tip and around the foreskin at the glans area then massage it for 1 minute. Repeat twice daily. Start retracting the foreskin back after two weeks gradually until six weeks of treatment.

Hydrocortisone is a steroid cream it prevents inflammation and fibrosis and can reduce the existing band or fibrosis. In this way, it can treat the phimosis.

Please follow up with me in four weeks time to update me about your progress.

|