Q. How to reduce frequent urination?

Answered by
Dr. Aman Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 27 year old unmarried male. Approximately six to seven years back, I had a urinary infection. I was told to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time. The infection was not fully cured and it used to come and go. During urination, I sometimes used to have one or two drops of blood, only during the period of infection. In addition to the above mentioned problems, I have some other issues related to sexual health. They are premature ejaculation, extremely bad timing, sensitivity of the skin (penis area), lower back pain, lack of confidence, etc. When I have to urinate, I cannot hold it at all. Very often on my way to the toilet some urine drops are leaked. During night time, I have to stand up several times to urinate. Approximately once a week, after urination suddenly sperm drops are released. I have not discussed this part with the urologist. I feel joint pain as well. During winter, I freeze a lot, especially over thighs, hands, ears, neck and chest. I have now recently been to a urologist and I was told that the infection became chronic. The doctor recommended antibiotics again and I have now completed the course. The urinary infection should be cured by now. All the new tests were negative. A few years ago, I used to masturbate frequently, which is still The urologist told me that my prostate size is bigger than people in my age. Please suggest me some good solution for the above mentioned problems. I want to get married soon and live a healthy life. Thanks in advance.



Welcome to

  • Stop worrying about the problems, which you are experiencing are aggravated by stress. It is not a dangerous problem and can be solved.
  • Your previous urine infection does not necessarily play a role in what you have today.
  • Drink only as much liquid as you feel like. Excess fluid or beverages aggravate your problem.
  • Premature ejaculation is only a problem if it interferes with your sex life and causes a discomfort to your partner. It can be treated by a medicine called Dapoxetine 30 mg taken one hour before sex on need basis.
  • Leakage of urine and frequent urination might reduce by reducing the fluid intake. You can also take a medicine called Amitryptiline 10 mg once every night for a few days.
  • Sit in a tub of lukewarm water for ten minutes in evening for a few days.
  • You require two tests. Ultrasound KUB with post void residual volume and uroflometry if available, to see the speed of urine flow. Things will get better.

For further information consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

.. nothing to do with the loss of penile sensations or premature ejaculation. It is just that you are correlating two things together as an explanation for yourself. You cannot say that you have premature ejaculation while masturbating.Premature ejac...   Read full

Are there any long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

.. age, it is unusual to have premature ejaculation (PME). PME is caused when intravaginal ejaculation time is less than a minute. And there is lack of satisfaction from coitus. Yes, Depox (Dapoxetine) is an effective drug for premature ejaculation ...   Read full

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Medicines Alternatively, I suggest taking Dapoxetine tablet such as Duralast 30 mg or tablet Sustinex 30 mg about one to three hours before intercourse ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.