Q. How to reduce frequent urination?

Dr. Aman Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I am a 27 year old unmarried male. Approximately six to seven years back, I had a urinary infection. I was told to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time. The infection was not fully cured and it used to come and go. During urination, I sometimes used to have one or two drops of blood, only during the period of infection. In addition to the above mentioned problems, I have some other issues related to sexual health. They are premature ejaculation, extremely bad timing, sensitivity of the skin (penis area), lower back pain, lack of confidence, etc. When I have to urinate, I cannot hold it at all. Very often on my way to the toilet some urine drops are leaked. During night time, I have to stand up several times to urinate. Approximately once a week, after urination suddenly sperm drops are released. I have not discussed this part with the urologist. I feel joint pain as well. During winter, I freeze a lot, especially over thighs, hands, ears, neck and chest. I have now recently been to a urologist and I was told that the infection became chronic. The doctor recommended antibiotics again and I have now completed the course. The urinary infection should be cured by now. All the new tests were negative. A few years ago, I used to masturbate frequently, which is still The urologist told me that my prostate size is bigger than people in my age. Please suggest me some good solution for the above mentioned problems. I want to get married soon and live a healthy life. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Aman Gupta

Andrology Urology
#

• Stop worrying about the problems, which you are experiencing are aggravated by stress. It is not a dangerous problem and can be solved.
  • Your previous urine infection does not necessarily play a role in what you have today.
  • Drink only as much liquid as you feel like. Excess fluid or beverages aggravate your problem.
  • Premature ejaculation is only a problem if it interferes with your sex life and causes a discomfort to your partner. It can be treated by a medicine called Dapoxetine 30 mg taken one hour before sex on need basis.
  • Leakage of urine and frequent urination might reduce by reducing the fluid intake. You can also take a medicine called Amitryptiline 10 mg once every night for a few days.
  • Sit in a tub of lukewarm water for ten minutes in evening for a few days.
  • You require two tests. Ultrasound KUB with post void residual volume and uroflometry if available, to see the speed of urine flow. Things will get better.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Why am I not able to insert my penis into the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-male with a weight of 75 kg and a height 5 feet 7 inches. I recently got married. My wife is 28. We had no relationships before. We are not able to have an intercourse. I get an erection but I am unable to penetrate her. I do not know whether erection is not enough or if ...  Read Full »

A Patient's Guide to Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections

Article Overview: If you have frequent urinary tract infections, here are some strategies to reduce your risk. Read Article

Dr. Davie Wong
Urologist

1) Post-Menopause: As you get older, hormonal changes cause alterations to your vagina and its contents, predisposing you to urinary tract infections. Topical estrogen applied inside the vagina can reduce the risk of infections. Your doctor will decide if this treatment is right for you. 2) Sexual...  Read Article