Q. Is masturbation the cause for my frequent urination, or is is some severe condition?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2021

I am a 18-year-old male. I masturbate one to two times a day for three years. I started to have a problem with urinating. I feel my bladder is not emptying properly since a year and a half ago. And also, my peeing routine has changed. I urinate one or two times at night, the frequency has increased now. Is the masturbation causing this, or is it some severe condition?

Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern.

Masturbation is normal, and it is just another way of having sex without a partner. It is a good practice, and it helps to calm your mind by releasing happy and stress-busting enzymes. Masturbating two to three times a week is not an issue, more than that can cause tiredness, loss of concentration, sense of infertility.

The ways to reduce masturbation are:

• Sex education.
  • Physical exercises.
  • Sleep adjustment.
  • Quality of sleep.
  • Healthy and balanced diet.
  • Programming for leisure time.
  • Development of spirituality.
  • Taking a cold bath.

For tiredness or decrease in strength, I suggest you take capsule Astymin forte (Biotin, Calcium, Amino acids, Vitamins A, C, D3, and E) once a day in the morning and tablet Shelcal (Calcium and Vitamin D3) once daily at night for 30 days.

Masturbation will not cause this effect; It can be a urinary tract infection. I suggest you take tablet Uribid 100 mg (Nitrofurantoin) twice a day after food and drink plenty of water. To rule out urinary tract infection, take a complete urine and culture test and revert.

Thanks.

|