Q. What treatment can be done for penile infection after unprotected sex?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

I had unprotected sex with my wife and got the infection on my penis two weeks back. The head of the penis became red. I used Quadriderm but it is not helping.

#

It may be due to fungal infection. Clean the area with warm water twice daily. Apply Candid cream instead. Check whether your wife is having a fungal infection or white discharge. You can get back with clear photos of lesions and details for clarification.

I have got the infection from my wife. She had the infection at the time of our intercourse and I caught the infection from her. It has been more than two weeks now. I have applied Quadriderm cream three times but no relief. Infact, I have had protected sex after infection and every time when we do, I feel a burning sensation. The skin over head which pulls back during activity shows cracks. I can see blood from those cracks. I have attached the pictures of the area affected. Please provide me the solution.

#

It appears to be due to fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Both wear loose cotton inner wears. See that there is no friction or irritation. Please clean the area with warm water twice daily. You can apply topical antifungal cream like Candid cream. She can use Candid pessaries.

Both can take oral Fluconazole 150 mg weekly once for four weeks. Avoid intercourse. Or at least use condoms. If still persists get examined by a doctor.

|