Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have recurrent fungal infection on my penis. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2018

Hello doctor,

I had a full body to body contact with someone at a massage parlor three months ago. There was no intercourse or oral sex. I ejaculated. I got diagnosed with scabies and a fungal infection on the penis. I took medications for the same and the symptoms went away. However, the burning during urination did not stop. I took other tests and got diagnosed with BV. I took antibiotics for the same. The fungal infection again came back last month at the tip of the penis even though I had no sexual contact. I took an antifungal again and applied Onabet. The infection cleared up.

Today, the fungal infection again came back even though there was no sexual contact. Do I need to take any tests? I have attached the pictures. I have taken all the nine PCR tests after nine weeks of contact and ELISA and VDRL after six weeks of contact. All came negative. I have been having pain in the nerves of my lower back since the contact. It goes away and comes back in a week or so. It is recurring and makes difficult to change postures while sleeping and sitting for long intervals. Sometimes, the pain is very severe. It makes me very difficult to stand or sit. I checked C-reactive protein and it was normal. Both semen culture and semen analysis were normal. But, there is a problem with a backache and itching and infection in the groin. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

If the area is not kept clean and dry, this can happen again and again. It is not always associated with sexual exposure.

Your all reports are normal.

I suggest you continue with the application of the cream.

Are you a diabetic? If not tested, please get fasting blood sugar tests.

This has nothing to do with the massage which you took in the past since there was no sexual contact of any kind.

Back pain is not associated with the present condition.

For more information consult a venereologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?
Should I go for treponemal test three years after sexual contact?
What is the cut-off value for ELISA test?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can I take Tenofovir or Entecavir for my hepatitis B?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with hepatitis B about a year and a half ago. Can I take Tenofovir or Entecavir for it? Are there any antiviral prescriptions for me? The associated symptoms are extreme fatigue and dizziness.  Read Full »

Is it possible for a fungal infection to cause low-grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

What are the other tests done to confirm HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, The doctor told me to test for a retrovirus. Unfortunately, it came positive. He said you might have HIV. Then I went to a government hospital where they took my blood sample, and they gave me the results within two hours. They told me I have HIV 1. Soon, after that, they started my tre...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Venereologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.