Q. I have recurrent fungal infection on my penis. What should I do?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2018

I had a full body to body contact with someone at a massage parlor three months ago. There was no intercourse or oral sex. I ejaculated. I got diagnosed with scabies and a fungal infection on the penis. I took medications for the same and the symptoms went away. However, the burning during urination did not stop. I took other tests and got diagnosed with BV. I took antibiotics for the same. The fungal infection again came back last month at the tip of the penis even though I had no sexual contact. I took an antifungal again and applied Onabet. The infection cleared up.

Today, the fungal infection again came back even though there was no sexual contact. Do I need to take any tests? I have attached the pictures. I have taken all the nine PCR tests after nine weeks of contact and ELISA and VDRL after six weeks of contact. All came negative. I have been having pain in the nerves of my lower back since the contact. It goes away and comes back in a week or so. It is recurring and makes difficult to change postures while sleeping and sitting for long intervals. Sometimes, the pain is very severe. It makes me very difficult to stand or sit. I checked C-reactive protein and it was normal. Both semen culture and semen analysis were normal. But, there is a problem with a backache and itching and infection in the groin. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

If the area is not kept clean and dry, this can happen again and again. It is not always associated with sexual exposure.

Your all reports are normal.

I suggest you continue with the application of the cream.

Are you a diabetic? If not tested, please get fasting blood sugar tests.

This has nothing to do with the massage which you took in the past since there was no sexual contact of any kind.

Back pain is not associated with the present condition.

For more information consult a venereologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/venereologist

|