Q. I have soreness in my penis head and shaft usually after masturbation. What it is?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2020

I am a 20-year-old male. I have currently experiencing redness and soreness at the head of my penis. Especially after masturbation, not only the head but also the shaft of my penis become sore. I have this for a couple of weeks now and not sure what it is.

#

Thank you for writing to us, and I understand your concern. As you have mentioned, you have it for a couple of weeks, and it is after masturbation; this can be skin rashes due to rough touch. Or other is a fungal infection. I am prescribing you medicine for five days, please take, and everything will be fine.

1. Use cream Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole two times a day after cleaning.
  2. Tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day after meal.
  3. Tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice a day for five days.

Please do not continue treatment for more than five days without consultation. Please tell me,

• Did you have unprotected sex recently?
  • Is this the first time you have such rashes?
  • Do you have itching or any discharge from the penis?

Thanks for your reply.

No, I did not have any unprotected sex. Yes, it is the first time, and there is no discharge, but I have had itching.

#

No problem. Please take the treatment and let me know after five days. Please message anytime if you have any questions. Thank you.

| 

What is the management for pain in penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain at the right side near the penis for 20 days. MRI done on pelvic region showing infective etiology likely, there is thickening of right side epididymis, and vas deferens, right side seminal vesicle is thickened. Mild hydrocele on the right side. A thick-walled, 22.5*21*34 m...  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»