Q. I have itching on my arm and chest. What is it due to and what is the likely treatment?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have itching on my right arm and chest.

#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. Since when do you have this itching?
  2. Are you concerned about black nodular lesions over chest?
  3. On arm, there is no active skin lesion.
  4. Have you used any topical creams?
  5. Do you have acne over back or face?

Revert with more information to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

The itching started over two years now. It is on and off and when I itch it leads to injury and then wounds. Yes, on active lesion over the hand but the itching is there and you can see the black spots formed from previous lesions. I do not have any acne on back or face. I have not used any topical cream. What could this be and what could be the likely treatment?

#

Looks like Prurigo nodularis.

Consider the application of HH Fudic cream (combination of Mometasone and Fusidic acid) over lesions once daily for two weeks.

Tablet Levocetirizine 10 g at bedtime for 10 to 15 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|