Q. Why is the tip of my penis turning white?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 30, 2019

The skin at the tip of my penis is becoming white from the past three months. There is no pain or any other problem due to that. I feel pressure to urinate, but while urinating the flow is slow. I do not know why my penis has become white. Kindly advice.

#

Please send me an image.

It might be vitiligo or balanitis xerotica obliterans.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am attaching the picture for your better understanding. Kindly suggest the best remedy. Warm regards.

#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The whitish discoloration of the penis is due to an infection. I suggest you try doing the following.

1. Apply Candid ointment (Clotrimazole) twice a day for 15 days, in the morning and evening.
  2. Clean your penis properly with only water by pulling the foreskin completely before applying the above ointment.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicine after their consent.

For more queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. My urine flow is also slow as compared to the pressure. Is there any relation to the infection?

#

Yes, it might be because of the infection. I suggest you try the ointment for 15 days. If the flow is still low, then you might require uroflowmetry test.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|