Q. My pregnant wife is having pain under right armpit. Is there any problem?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

My wife is 2 months and 5 days pregnant. She is having pain under her right armpit for two weeks. It pains only if we touch it. Is there any issue with this?

She is taking Pregnacare medicine.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

It seems like she might have some furuncle (boil) under her armpit. It would be useful if you could share any picture of the lesion, so that accurate diagnosis and advice can be given. But as she is pregnant so I would recommend to consult your local doctor as well and avoid using any over the counter medications without any authentic advice. For now, she must wear loose clothes made of cotton and keep the armpit sweat-free as much as possible. I hope this helps.

| 

The pain location is pointed out. It pains only on pressing there.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I suspect this is a hair follicle that is getting inflamed (folliculitis) probably or might be a furuncle. So, she does not need to do anything else than the usual things as I mentioned in my previous text and keep an eye on it. If it is more painful or filled with pus, then she must consult a doctor.

|