Furuncle

How are two painful pimple-like structures on my penis treated?

Query: Hello, I am a 16-year old Teenager, I have masturbated twice a day for the past 3 days, I have stopped doing it now, The Problem I am facing is, I have got two pimple-like structures on my pennis, one towards the right side on it and one below the shaft both near join of penis and scrotom, one of t...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, If this would not be through the internet I would carefully remove these “pimple-like structures” for you in three minutes without pain. But so I need to ask you to see a doctor in person. I am sure, from what you describe, that these are furuncles which need to be removed by a p...  Read Full »

How is furuncle on the penis treated?

Query: Hi, I have a problem. I am a 24 year old caucasian male. Past history: 1 and a half years ago a boil - carbuncle formed on my penis, popped after 4 days. I used Framykoin for a week and it went away. A month later molluscum contagosium formed right above penis, stayed like that for 2 weeks, then doc...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming to the differential diagnosis and treatment: Chances of it being furuncle is less as it is a progressive condition and would have certainly popped out by pressing. Carbuncle is the collection of furuncle, so chances of it again is very less. Since you have a...  Read Full »

What could be a hard pimple-like bump on toe?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a pimple-like bump on my toe. When I tried to pop it I noticed that it was hard. It hurts when I walk and I now have three bumps. Two of them are flat now.  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We appreciate your concern about your skin eruption. Before I am able to help you in this regard, I would like to have the following additional information: What was the location of the original and recent bumps? Specifically, were they on the upper side of the toe...  Read Full »

What causes pain under the armpit in a pregnant lady?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 2 months and 5 days pregnant. She is having pain under her right armpit for two weeks. It pains only if we touch it. Is there any issue with this? She is taking Pregnacare medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. It seems like she might have some furuncle (boil) under her armpit. It would be useful if you could share any picture of the lesion, so that accurate diagnosis and advice can be given. But as she is pregnant so I would recommend to consult your local doctor as well an...  Read Full »

I have an wound under my breast. Is that akind of skin cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an open wound on the underside of the right breast. I noticed it a few days back and is continuing to grow. I would like to know what it looks like and why I get an open wound in this location. I would also like to know if skin cancer can ever display in this way. I am usi...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the image. (attachment removed to protect patients identity). It seems like a furuncle which is a skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI) and which has now burst open. I suggest you take an oral antibiotic, Amoxicillin, or Cephalexin for a week. Also, ...  Read Full »

I have painful skin colored bump in penis. Is it syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed a skin colored bump on the underside of my penis. It is round and a little less than one inch in diameter. It feels to be hard when pressed and pains a little when pinched. Could this be syphilis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is furuncle. Start using T-bact ointment twice daily on the lesion and have plenty of water. This will help you. It is not syphilis.  Read Full »

What Can Be The Reason For Recurrent Boil?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a boil on my inner thigh, which keeps recurring. I have had a boil in the same spot before. When I popped it went away, but now it has come back. It is also very painful. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems that you are having furunculosis. Boils (also called furuncles) are a deep bacterial infection of hair follicles. The cause of recurrence may be Staphylococcus aureus, which is most commonly carried in the nostrils, armpits, between ...  Read Full »

What can be the painful eruptions occurring on thighs, forearms and lower back?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these eruptions randomly on my skin since the past few weeks. They are present mostly on thighs, forearms and lower back. They feel tight and are painful to touch. What are these? Do I need to get them treated or will they go away over time?  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are furuncles, a bacterial infection of the hair follicles. Use the following medications for five days. Kindly visit your physician, discuss the suggestion and take treatment with consent. A. Tablet Cefadroxil 500 mg twice a day. B. Tablet Flexon 500 mg (Par...  Read Full »

Why do I get boils near rectal opening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old man, active in sports. Recently about five days back, while playing football on a concrete floor, I slipped and fell on my lower back (coccyx area) and injured myself. I, however, can carry on my daily activities at slightly slower speed now, and there is slight pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. This is most likely a bacterial infection affecting either hair follicle or perianal glands. 2. It does not seem likely that it is related to your lower back injury. 3. The causative agent is mostly the bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus. 4. The pus has to be ...  Read Full »

Is a furuncle an emergency condition?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a boil under my left armpit since yesterday morning or so. It is reddish and painful, and occasionally I may have felt an itch. I have had these before. I just assumed that they were due to excessive sweating, and would just periodically wash with soap water and these would t...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a furuncle (infected hair follicle). You will have to take antibiotics preferably Amoxicillin Clavulanate (Augmentin 625) and that will solve the issue. For more inf...  Read Full »