Q. A bump has appeared on my penis. I have feverish symptoms. What could it be?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Swelling On Penis or Sebaceous Cyst? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: A bump has appeared on my penis. I have feverish symptoms. What could it be?

I have a problem. I am a 24 year old caucasian male.

Past history:

1 and a half years ago a boil - carbuncle formed on my penis, popped after 4 days. I used Framykoin for a week and it went away. A month later molluscum contagosium formed right above penis, stayed like that for 2 weeks, then doctor burned it off with liqud hydrogen, and gave me betadine to use. It healed within 2 weeks.

Present complaint:

11 days ago a bump appeared on my penis, near foreskin. I thought it was a boil which I had before, so I kept applying Framykoin for 5 days, it kept drying the bump. Then visited a urologist, he tried to pop it but it was not poppable. He told me to stop using Framykoin and let it heal by itself. Well, I decided to use betadine instead (I am on the 3rd day now).

Symptoms:

Bump hurts when I put pressure on it, and hurts only very slightly when idle. Bump was itching during first week as well, but only little bit. There is no visible head, it is approximately 10x7mm big, dome shaped, when I tighten the skin on penis, it becomes a visible bump, and is shiny. It is more like purple/red. There is no visible head and is unpoppable and is kind of firm when squeezed (but top is soft). Also, after 2-3 days I found out lymph node was swollen near groin area and I had feverish symptoms (but that could have been due to fact that I also have been using internally for 7 days oregano oil, since the bump appeared, and oregano oil is a strong natural antibiotic). It is certainly not herpes, I do not have those, and symptoms look nothing like it. I hope it is not a cancer either, we do not have it in family (so chances are reduced). It also cannot be an STD, since I have been only with my wife.

I have attached pictures of the bump. What could it be, furuncle, carbuncle, molluscum contagosium, inflamed sebaceous gland or cyst, or something else?