Q. A bump has appeared on my penis. I have feverish symptoms. What could it be?

Published on Apr 28, 2015 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I have a problem. I am a 24 year old caucasian male.

Past history:

1 and a half years ago a boil - carbuncle formed on my penis, popped after 4 days. I used Framykoin for a week and it went away. A month later molluscum contagosium formed right above penis, stayed like that for 2 weeks, then doctor burned it off with liqud hydrogen, and gave me betadine to use. It healed within 2 weeks.

Present complaint:

11 days ago a bump appeared on my penis, near foreskin. I thought it was a boil which I had before, so I kept applying Framykoin for 5 days, it kept drying the bump. Then visited a urologist, he tried to pop it but it was not poppable. He told me to stop using Framykoin and let it heal by itself. Well, I decided to use betadine instead (I am on the 3rd day now).

Symptoms:

Bump hurts when I put pressure on it, and hurts only very slightly when idle. Bump was itching during first week as well, but only little bit. There is no visible head, it is approximately 10x7mm big, dome shaped, when I tighten the skin on penis, it becomes a visible bump, and is shiny. It is more like purple/red. There is no visible head and is unpoppable and is kind of firm when squeezed (but top is soft). Also, after 2-3 days I found out lymph node was swollen near groin area and I had feverish symptoms (but that could have been due to fact that I also have been using internally for 7 days oregano oil, since the bump appeared, and oregano oil is a strong natural antibiotic). It is certainly not herpes, I do not have those, and symptoms look nothing like it. I hope it is not a cancer either, we do not have it in family (so chances are reduced). It also cannot be an STD, since I have been only with my wife.

I have attached pictures of the bump. What could it be, furuncle, carbuncle, molluscum contagosium, inflamed sebaceous gland or cyst, or something else?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Coming to the differential diagnosis and treatment:

Chances of it being furuncle is less as it is a progressive condition and would have certainly popped out by pressing.

Carbuncle is the collection of furuncle, so chances of it again is very less.

Since you have a history of molluscum, it could be molluscum, but you have destroyed its classical morphology by popping it out in early stage.

It can certainly be an infected sebaceous cyst or infected apocrine gland which are normally present in high number over the genital area.

You were right of it not being any STD.

Lymphadenopathy is a non specific finding and could be due to any infection involving the genitalia.

Take Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid 625mg twice daily for 7 days.

Continue betadine lotion and do not try to pop it out.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online for review --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full »

How to prevent bleeding on brushing?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.  Read Full »

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full »