Gap In Front Teeth

Is cap a good option to close a small gap between the front two teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small gap between the front two teeth. I am planning to use a cap. Is it a good option, or is there any other effective better option available?   Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Kindly upload an image of the front teeth that would help me to determine the nature of the gap and tooth angulation. I will walk you through the necessary and best management needed to resolve the issue once and for all. If the gap is betw...  Read Full »

What to do about gaps between teeth due to not wearing retainers?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my braces for two and a half years. Before lockdown, I removed my braces. Due to lockdown, I was unable to have my retainers. Now, I have developed some gaps between my teeth in these two months. I want to know whether anything will help me. Though my dentist has taken an impressio...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I suggest you get your retainer as soon as possible. It helps in correcting the gaps that you are facing now. As it is an orthodontic treatment, nothing can be done at home. Maintain your oral hygiene. Use Betadine mouthwash for gargling. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment plan for my dental problems.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have gaps between the teeth with a little overbite and a premolar is missing.   Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, you need to do an X-ray to determine whether the premolar is impacted or simply not present inside the jaw. Since the gaps are present between canine to canine, going for ortho...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options to close the gap between the upper front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting married in six months and looking to go for an orthodontic brace treatment for teeth gap. Can I start it here and continue this treatment under another doctor's supervision in a new country if it takes longer?  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly upload an image of the gap that you need to get corrected. There are a few possibilities that will solve your issue in a week. Orthodontic treatment might need more than six months approximately to a year, but everthing depends upon the space in between. S...  Read Full »

How will power chains help in closing the gaps between teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, Why my ortho does not put brackets in power chains while missing one or two spots? I have straight teeth and I am in the sixth year with braces. I think instead of closing gaps, this is creating gaps. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushik Arya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different types of power chains that are available for the treatment depending on the interlink space. 1. Short (connects every alternate bracket). 2. Long (connects every third bracket). 3. Closed (connects each bracket). So depending on the stage of y...  Read Full »

What is the procedure to fix the gap between two front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a gap between my front two teeth. I want to close the gap. Can you please suggest any process for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two treatment options. 1. Ortho (braces) treatment. 2. Tooth-colored fillings. Gap closure by braces is a permanent solution. Your teeth will be aligned and the gap can be closed naturally. This option is suggested when the gap is very wide and this...  Read Full »

I do not have left upper canine. How to fill the gap?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an impacted tooth in the roof of my mouth and I do not have a top left canine. What are my options to fill the gap? A bridge or an implant? Or anything else? Not braces please and the fewer appointments are better.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I need to know your age. The treatment plan varies according to the age factor. Secondly, the impacted tooth no matter where it is, it should be 100% removed. This is done to reduce the possibility of complications in the future. It cannot even form a cys...  Read Full »

Are braces required to fix the gap in the front teeth after losing retainers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. Two years ago, I lost my upper retainers. My front teeth got separated, creating a gap. What should I do to fix my teeth, or should I want braces again?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To restart the fixed appliance treatment all over again will depend on the gaps present. If the gaps are large, the dentist would recommend you to out braces again. If the gaps are negligible, removable retainers can be worn which can close the gaps. But then again, ...  Read Full »

How to fix gap in bottom teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have braces on at the moment and my orthodontist says I can get them off in four to five months. I think it looks okay for the most part but the thing that bothers me is this small gap in the bottom half of my front teeth. I have asked my orthodontist about this and she said that it...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your orthodontist is correct. The gaps at the bottom of the teeth are due to the shape of the teeth. Although very minor in your case, there are cases with much more apparent gaps. The treatment for this is to get reshaping of your teeth done or by gettin...  Read Full »

How can a gap between teeth be adjusted after cap placement?

Query: Hello doctor, I just recently had an RCT and crown placed on the upper front tooth. Now, there is a gap between my two front teeth. Can the crown be adjusted now?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijeta Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After capping, it is very difficult to adjust the crown because it may lead to misalignment of the crown with respect to occlusion. There is another method by which you can close the gap between tooth like composite filling between tooth leaving the cervical area or ...  Read Full »