Q. I lost my retainers and my front teeth got seperated. What should I do to fix my teeth?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
Published on Nov 15, 2019

I am a 28-year-old male. Two years ago, I lost my upper retainers. My front teeth got separated, creating a gap. What should I do to fix my teeth, or should I want braces again?

#

To restart the fixed appliance treatment all over again will depend on the gaps present. If the gaps are large, the dentist would recommend you to out braces again. If the gaps are negligible, removable retainers can be worn which can close the gaps. But then again, the dentist will have to thoroughly look into the feasibility of putting the braces again before actually starting the treatment. In some cases, the relapses are so severe that we refrain from putting braces again. At the same time, some cases with retreatment have given beautiful results. Make sure you have a good discussion with your dentist regarding the outcome before starting the treatment.

Can I use Crest whitening strips if I have a permanent retainer?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I use Crest whitening strips if I have a permanent retainer?  Read Full »

Swollen gums causing dislocation of teeth. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed swollen gums from about six months and four months ago, my front gums were also swollen. During the course of two to three days, my front teeth began to develop a gap. Within a weeks time, one of the teeth became loose and more dislocated. My nearby dentist suggested me ...  Read Full »

I am on braces to correct the front teeth gap. Do I want to wait for a long time to finish the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I wear braces, my front two teeth were crossed initially, but now they have a gap. I had the gap for six months and a couple of weeks ago they put the tightest wire and elastic on to try close it, but it has not even started to close yet. Do you know when it will? What happens if it nev...  Read Full »