Q. Why is there a gap between teeth after cap placement?

Dr. Vijeta Singh
Published on Mar 27, 2019

I just recently had an RCT and crown placed on the upper front tooth. Now, there is a gap between my two front teeth. Can the crown be adjusted now?

#

After capping, it is very difficult to adjust the crown because it may lead to misalignment of the crown with respect to occlusion. There is another method by which you can close the gap between tooth like composite filling between tooth leaving the cervical area or another method is to repeat the capping procedure. Please share your pictures of the front tooth which will help me guide you more.

Treatment failure.

The composite filling between tooth leaving the cervical area or another method is to repeat the capping procedure.

What can be done to correct malaligned upper teeth with gaps?

Query: Hi doctor,My upper teeth are slightly malaligned and have gaps in them. I visited the dentist. After X-ray, he said braces will be used by the jaws and will be visible after that up to 3 mm.  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your age is ideal for orthodontic treatment. If you will delay further then treatment will take more time for completion so it is better to start with it sooner. If you will be having a gummy smile and 3 mm of gum line will be visible after treatment, that is fine too. ...  Read Full

How can we treat the gaps between the teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have gaps between my teeth. Can it be closed? By which process can it be closed?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We can try composite filling or veneer or porcelain veneers. But, it will make your teeth look broader and will affect your esthetics, as the gaps are generalized in the front teeth. Hence, ...  Read Full