Q. I am feeling gassy, and I have not had my periods in a few months. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 13, 2021

From the past few weeks, I have been feeling really gassy, and I have not had my period in a few months. I think I come from a family with lots of anxiety and stress, which delays your period. I also have a phobia of throwing up and I get anxiety from that. I looked up some stuff on the internet, and I think it is my period that is causing this. I have not been hungry all day, and I have been burping and farting a lot. My stomach has been making noises for no reason, and I cannot poop. I have pain in the upper and lower part of my stomach and a few headaches here and there. I have milk, egg, and peanut allergy.

#

It is gastritis and acidity problem. Stress and anxiety can cause both these problems and also periods problem. I suggest you try doing the following:

1. You should avoid fatty, oily, and spicy diet.
  2. Go for a walk after having food, instead of taking rest.
  3. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
  4. You should have regular sleep habits and avoid stress.
  5. Consume a lot of green leafy vegetables, fruits, etc.
  6. Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any.
  7. I suggest taking tablet Pan DSR (combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg or Esomeprazole, before breakfast once a day for two weeks.
  8. For a week, I suggest taking syrup Sucral O (combination of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine), two teaspoons three times a day.
  9. For pain relief, I suggest taking antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine 20 mg or Hyoscyamine 10 mg, whenever needed.
  10. For constipation, I suggest syrup Lactulose, two teaspoons at bedtime, whenever needed.
  11. For anxiety, you try relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, and regular exercises.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|