Q. What is the treatment for chronic gastritis?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I am asking for my dad. He is 65 years old. He has chronic gastritis, gout and now an itchy rash. Also, he says that he is having a feeling of cold. I am not sure what is going on. His gluten test came back negative. Please suggest something.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about his present problem.

• Does he have a fever? What do you mean exactly by episodes of feeling cold?
  • Does he take medication for gout? What medication and what is the level of uric acid?
  • Does he drink alcohol and smoke cigarette? Does he have hypertension or diabetes?
  • Kindly upload me the basic blood investigations reports if you have done already like complete blood picture, creatinine and blood urea, liver function test and chest x-ray.

Revert back with the details to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

His current problem is the chronic gastritis and whatever is causing that is causing everything else. He does have hypertension. He does not smoke or drink. I do not have any of his medical files, I am just trying to get some kind of idea about this. I do not have his acid levels either. He was not able to explain the spell. Other than feeling cold, possibly he has a fever. But, he has not checked it.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the data posted.

• For now I suggest tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once in the morning and once in the evening before food for five days.
  • Kindly ask him to avoid spicy foods, cool drinks and eat timely.
  • Kindly go ahead with general checkup and do basic blood tests like complete blood picture, serum creatinine, electrocardiogram, fasting or random blood sugar and serum uric acid levels.

Revert back with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|