Q. My father has some crawling sensation in chest. What is it?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
Published on Apr 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I need a consultation for my father. He is 56 years old. His height is 5 feet 8 inches and weight is 78 kg. He looks healthy. He is not obese and there is no history of ortho, cardiac or uric acid problems. Sometimes, he might have high BP. He does not smoke, chew tobacco or drink alcohol. Two months ago, he felt chest pain. When we visited a physician, his ECG and BP were normal 120/80 mmHg. He prescribed some medicines and my father became perfect in two days. Three days ago, he again felt the same pain. He was given some medicines by the doctor; however the pain subsided very gradually. He is also feeling like something crawling and slight tickling sensation in the chest. Again all his tests were normal. Heart rate was 110. The pain is now very less, but still present. Please give suitable advice.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

• To clear your doubts regarding your father's chest pain, it looks like gastritis.
  • Most chest pains are not heart related and it is good that you got an ECG done.
  • The type of pain he complains is typical of gastritis, so to treat it I would like to know what medications his doctor had prescribed.
  • They should be antacids that he is required to take for a month minimum. In addition, I will advise you to give him Gelusil syrup as and when he feels the pain.
  • Avoid caffeine and take small meals at short intervals to avoid this in future. Do keep a check on his sugars too and get HbA1c done yearly once at least. Take care and get well soon.

Revert back with the details of medicine to an general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good news, there is no heart attack. It is normal. If there is recurrent chest pain especially with exertion or chest pain that relieves with rest and recurs on walking, climbing stairs, etc., then to be on safer side, have an ETT (exercise tolerance test) done. In this...  Read Full

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Chest pain might be due to many reasons other than heart problem (primarily pleuritis - swelling of the lung membrane due to infection). Get your CBC (Complete Blood Count) and chest x-ray done to rule out this cause. Do massage on the affected area with a pain relievi...  Read Full

Why are my arm muscles shaking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I work as a software engineer. Over few days, suddenly my arm muscles are shaking for a few seconds and it will be normal after sometime. Also sometimes, I am not feeling well. Are these the symptoms of diabetes or any other health issues?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shardendu Tomar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thanks for the questions and for showing trust on us. Such sudden shaking for few seconds could be termed as tremors. Such tremors are in most of the cases normal and self-limiting. They do not indicate any major health issue. But, sometimes if such tremors...  Read Full