Q. I have frequent gnawing pain when stomach is empty. Why?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 22, 2020

I have frequent gnawing pain when stomach is empty, which is relieved after eating. There is a continuous mucus accumulation in the throat throughout the day, which obstructs proper breathing and flares the nose nostril followed by dry mouth. It is particularly in the early morning hours. If light food is taken at dinner, discomfort in the stomach during midnight and whole body feels dry and no proper bowel movements the next morning. Most of the time, stomach gets bloated after eating. When the stomach is empty, nose flares up and breathe is very abnormally hot.

#

• In this condition, junction of esophagus and stomach become weak and therefore, stomach acid move up into the esophagus.
  • The most common cause for this is hiatus hernia in which there will be an opening in the diaphragm. The esophagus becomes loose, which allow the upper portion of the stomach to move into the chest.

Hiatus hernia.

Upper GI endoscopy.

Helicobacter pylori infection.

GERD.

Treatment for acidity.

Revert back with the reports to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|