Q. I have issues with digestion and need a treatment. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I have been having some issues with digestion and mucus. I completed a stool screening that came back with high levels of fat in my stool (steatocrit). I started taking digestive enzymes to help with that which has really helped shape my stools. However, it hasn't help all of my issues. My symptoms are Feeling really full with a small meal, Lots of burping, Lots of Mucus and Phelgm, Trouble swallowing - seems to be worse at the end of a mealand a Feel like I have something stuck in the back of my throat. Does this sound like anything to you and if so is there something I can ask my doctor to prescribe? Or better yet, is there a more natural solution? Thank you!

#

Hello

I welcome you to icliniq.

Well the symptoms you mention indicate problem at 3 levles of Gastrointestinal tract. Fat in stools suggest problem with absorption which can occur in small bowel, and pancreatic diseases. Excessive gases can occur due to disease of above part of digestive system plus can occur due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth or SIBO. Thirdly stuck of food at back of throat suggest problem with the esophagus.

Now if I need to tell you only one diagnosis that encompasses all above areas of GI tract, it is systemic sclerosis or scleroderma. But since this condition is very rare and often follows a detail history and lab investigations before establishing this diagnosis. No, I do not think any natural remedy or a single pill will solve your problem..Firstly it has to be established then a treatment be guided.

THere are other various possibilities that can explain your symptoms and not necessarily scleroderma. Like, weight, diabetes, use of previous antibiotics, prior sugeries. I suggest you to book and take a consultation with me, As I can be able to ask various questions which would help us to include most probable and exclude less probable conditions. You can use the link to book an appointment. best regards

|