Q. What causes the tongue to turn yellow?

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal
Published on Jun 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

My tongue looks yellow from a couple of days now. What is the cause? How to get rid of this? Please help.

#

I read your query, and I can understand your concern. I would like to know the following:

1. Do you have any gastric problems? Sometimes, gastric problems can lead to such yellow tongue.
  2. Do you have any itchy skin lesions? Fungal infection is another cause. Treat it if you have.
  3. Do you have plaque and calculus accumulated on your teeth? If yes, then get it cleaned (scaling).
  • Clean your tongue regularly, twice a day and use Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash twice a day about 20 to 30 minutes after tooth brushing.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Why do I have bad breath in spite of flossing and using mouthwash?

Query: Hello doctor, Majority of times after I floss and then brush my teeth afterward I use cool mint Listerine mouthwash. I do not understand what is going on but my fiance says I have an unpleasant smell in my mouth. I do not have to be so close to him talking. After I had a wash with the Listerine, I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to be frustrated. It is very common. There are various factors affecting your bad breath. You can try these things to improve your oral hygiene. Avoid foods and beverages that cause bad breath, eat more fruits and vegetables, take sufficient amount of...  Read Full

How to stop teeth from tingling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fuzzy feeling in my teeth. Kind of like a tingling it is not really pain but it sends chills through my gums and it has been going on for like four days. How should I stop it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try using Sensodyne sensitive or any toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Apply toothpaste on teeth that are giving you tingling sensations for 2 or 3 minutes like cream then after it do gentle brushing, not vigorous one. Follow this routine for two weeks. Use Chlorhexidine mo...  Read Full

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full >>

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full