Q. I have pain in my foreskin with a history of genital herpes a year back. Please help.

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2021

I am suffering from genital herpes for the last one year. I took medicine, and it was cured. But still, now I feel pain on my penis foreskin after each month on the same portion where the first herpes blister developed, and the pain goes after two to three days without medication. I do not have a visible blister or something else during pain. I mainly feel pain when urine pressure comes.

I am currently on Dazit 5. My lab tests show positive HSV2. VDRL and HIV are negative after one month of exposure.

#

Genital herpes, usually 90% of HPV (human papillomavirus) infections are cleared by the body within two years of infection. Sometimes infected cells undergo a quiet or latent period with the first occurrence or a recurrence of symptoms happening months or years later. Latent HPV, even with no outward signs, is still transmissible to a sexual partner by unprotected sex.

In individuals with a history of previous HPV infection, the appearance of new warts may be either from recent exposure to HPV or from a recurrence of the previous infection. As many as one-third of people with warts will experience a recurrence.

Repeat the antiviral treatment for three more months.

Use condoms.

Should I continue the antiviral medicine for three months? Please tell me the doses. Should I take daily three tablets for three months?

#

Take Acyclovir tablet 400 mg 1-0-1 for three months.

|