Q. What medication should I use for an ulcer with a burning sensation and itching on the inner side of my foreskin?

Dr. Raveendran S. R

I have had an ulcer on the inner side of my foreskin for four to five days with a burning sensation and itching.

Kindly help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

I reviewed the pictures you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), and it looks like herpes. Therefore, I suggest you do the following tests.

1. Treponema pallidum hemagglutination test.

2. Human pappilomavirus DNA PCR test.

3. Herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and 2 IgG test.

4. Herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and 2 IgM test.

5. Chlamyda trachomatis IgG test.

6. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) screening and antibody tests.

If it is not a viral infection, then it can be a superficial bacterial infection. You can use a topical antibiotic ointment for local application and a tablet of Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for five days. If there is itching, then you need anti-fungal ointment also. You can start the medications after consulting your specialist doctor. Make sure you wash your genital area twice daily, morning and night, and use normal water and gentle soap.

I hope I was helpful to you.

Can you please send a prescription?

#

Please consult a specialist doctor and take the medications with their consent.

|