Q. Does itching and a curd-like discharge from the vagina point towards vaginal candidiasis?

Dr. Natasha Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jul 08, 2022

After having unprotected sex, I have itching inside my vagina. Also, there is a curd-like discharge that does not have any smell.

Kindly help.

#

I have read your concern and will surely help you out. You have a fungal infection that can be managed easily.

I suggest the below treatment plan:

• Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg single dose in the afternoon and tablet Secnidazole 1 gm, two tablets to be taken once at night.
  • Keep the area dry.
  • Wear loose cotton undergarments.
  • Always clean the area from forward to backward.

Kindly revert in case of further questions.

Thank you for the response. Is it related to an STD or a yeast infection?

#

The symptoms do not point towards an STD (sexually transmitted disease). It is only a fungal or yeast infection that will subside with the above medicines.

|