Q. I have some sort of allergy on penis head. What is it?

Dr. Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2019

I am 31 years old. I have two small affected areas on my penis head and it is not going away. They get dry as they regrow and sometimes, I peel off the dry part using a nail cutter. I am really concerned about this. It is not smooth as it used to be. I am going to attach photos for your reference.

#

I have read your question and I have also reviewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

These are most likely warts or condyloma acuminata which is an infection caused by human papilloma virus (HPV).

The infection is usually acquired by sexual contact with an infected sexual partner. Are you sexually active?

HPV infection (human papilloma virus).

Genital warts.

Electrocautery or radiofrequency ablation.

Revert back with the detailed history to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

No, I have not been in any sexual activity with another partner.

#

• Rarely, common warts known as verruca vulgaris can also occur on genitalia.
  • I suggest you to get them cauterized by a procedure known as electrocautery.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is there any cream or medicine that you would recommend instead of getting it cauterized? Do verruca warts disappear with time?

#

• You may use Tretinoin 0.05% cream, once daily for four to eight weeks. However, if that does not work, you should get it cauterized.
  • They can disappear on their own by body's own immunity acting against the virus, but sometimes they can persist for quite a long time.

|