Q. What is the papillary growth on my scalp?

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Two years ago, I went to a dermatologist to remove a lesion on my scalp. She told me it was a mole and it will regrow again. They checked it and it was not cancerous. So yes, it will regrow again and I am worried because of the aspect. I want to be sure it is a mole, not a wart because it looks to be having papillary tissue. HPV+ aggressive type (condyloma in the genital area) eight years back. No more episodes of HPV. HIV negative and no other diseases.

#

Thanks for posting your question on icliniq.

As per the photograph you have sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does look like a wart, I will make the following points, to support my observation. As you have said, they checked it and it was not cancerous. Was this told you by performing a skin biopsy or just orally? To come to a definite diagnosis of a wart skin biopsy is a must. Warts are known to occur even after removal. Warts spread to other areas of the body as well as you have given a history of condyloma in the genital area. Was a viral typing done for the genital lesion eight years back?

1. HPV in care of wart.
2. Congenital in case of nevus.

Skin biopsy.

Verruca vulgaris, sebaceous nevus.

Verruca vulgaris.

Removal of the lesion surgically, or by using radiofrequency or Co2 laser.

Try not to remove it with your fingernails, if it is a wart, it will spread to other areas.

| 

What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be m...  Read Full »

I have warts on my penis. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I had unprotected intercourse with one of my relatives 14 years ago. I had gone through two to three sets of tests back then including HIV, and all were negative. But I still have some neurological problems which started one month after I had the intercourse. The doctor did not find any...  Read Full »

Why do I have a mole with hair growing out of it?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago I vigorously scratched off a mole that was on my back. While lifting weight and lying on my back, it got irritated. I have had the mole for at least seven years. It has always been relatively big and light brown shade. However, when I picked it off it went away at firs...  Read Full »