Q. I have spots on my pubic area. What could this be?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

I have these spots on my pubic area for a while now. I visited an STD clinic two years ago and the woman who saw these said they are genital warts. I also had one on the shaft of my penis. She used nitrogen to freeze them and they disappeared (except for the big one that you can see in the pictures, that one did not disappear). Now I believe the spots are back. Went to my doctor and he says they are not warts and wants to scrape them away with a sharp spoon (literally what he said). He was not sure what it is but believes they are not warts. What is your opinion? I did a previous free consult and the doctor says it is follicle infection and I should use antibiotics. However, I want to have a second opinion as I looked up the images for this infection and do not think it looks the same. Also, I have used Amoxycillin about half a year ago and this did not influence the big spot, as I have it now for at least two years.

#

I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bigger one is looking like a wart and needs to be removed either by chemical cauterization or electrocautery. The smaller ones seem to be either folliculitis or warts. I would recommend you to apply a topical antibiotic like Fusidic acid cream on the smaller lesions twice daily for 7 to 10 days. This should resolve them. If they do not improve in a week time consult a doctor and get them removed.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|