Q. Got a boil in pubic region after unprotected sex. Is it STD?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Nov 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I am a 23 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 78 kg. I had a whitehead boil kind of thing in the pubic region for around three to four months. But, there was no pain on touching or pressing. Now very recently, I got four more similar things at the end of penis near the junction. They are also painless. I initially assumed it as a boil due to hair breaking, but now I am not sure. I pierced the initial boil that developed months back and from which some pus and two drops of blood came out. Rest four boils are also similar, but currently smaller in size. Kindly request you to tell what is it and how to cure. I had unprotected intercourse before a year, The first boil I observed was around five months later to that incident and the new four boils have come up just 10 days back. I used my friend's towel for bathing. He is a very unhygienic guy and he used to have unprotected sex a lot of times in a month with different partners. Is this STD? Please suggest treatment. Is it a boil or something? Since physical examination is not possible, I am attaching labeled photos. Kindly check the photos. Thank you.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.

These could be due to a sexually transmitted infection, mainly molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum usually presents as pearly white umblicated papules.

I would advise you to get yourself tested for other STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) for example HIV test (human immunodeficiency virus), and VDRL test (venereal disease research laboratory).

These lesions will require cauterization by your dermatologist. Either chemical cauterization or radiocautery could be done.

Revert back with the investigation report to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Does this mean I most probably have STD?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• Yes, genital molluscum contagiosum is a sexually transmitted disease.
  • But, it is not as harmful as other STDs, because lesions remain confined to the skin and do not cause any internal damage.
  • However, investigations are required to rule out other STDs.

Revert back with the investigation reports to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that if one has sex with a partner who has never had sex before, not using a condom, can he or she still get HIV/HPV or any STDS.  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, if you had sex with someone who has never had sex with anyone else before you then you cannot get an STD. STDs are only transmitted from an infected sexual partner. So, if it is the first time sex for someone then obviously that person has never been exposed to S...  Read Full

I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed callosity or plantar wart. Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest ...  Read Full

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are common in both STD (sexually transmitted diseases) and UTI (urinary tract infections). If you do not have vaginal discharge or any history of unprotected sex, then UTI is the cause. You can confirm the diagnosis with the following tests. You can do ur...  Read Full