Q. I have severe heartburn and acidity with blood in stool. Is this dangerous?

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 25, 2020

I am having severe heartburn and acidity issue. Today I got blood in stool and after I felt burn around the anus. Is anything serious? What should I do?

Stool antigen (ICT) result is negative. My symptoms are heartburn after eating, bad breath from stomach, sometimes feeling bump on the right side only in throat while eating or drinking water, red bumps on the back of the tongue, tongue with white-coated color or sometimes yellow on the back of the tongue.

I also have red acne on back of body, after eating need to go washroom for passing stool sometimes I feel burn while passing stool with more gas issues continuously. I feel burning at the upper side of the stomach when I eat spicy foods it becomes worse. Whenever I think I am having issue in stomach it triggers more burn. When I woke up I feel dryness in throat and smell comes from nose and throat too. Any permanent solution?

#

You have two main issues:

1. The heartburn and all the throat problem is due to reflux disease which aggravated by your hiatus hernia. This disease is controllable with medications but it could not be eradicated. You have to change your lifestyle and use some medications regularly for some time and then as per need.

2. The blood in stool occurs due to hard stool and burning in the anal area is due to fissure.

I am giving you treatment and it will help out.

GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
Anal fissure.

Capsule Dextop 60 mg in the morning and evening before meals for four weeks and then only in the morning for four weeks. Syurp.Dijex MP (Alumina magnesia) two teaspoons three times daily after meals for 20 days. 2% Diltiazem gel apply at the anal area twice daily. Fibrocal sachet one sachet two times daily.

Avoid spicy and junk food. Avoid late night eating. Elevate the head end of the bed about 5 inches.

| 
1 out of 1 likes