Q. I am having heartburn for past four months. What can be done?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 35-year-old male having daily heartburn running for more than four months. Currently, having Omeprazole and Domperidone.

#

I have gone through your details and I appreciate your concern. It looks like you are having symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). It occurs when stomach acid goes back into the food pipe. Both acid reflux and heartburn are part of it. An endoscopy can confirm the diagnosis. You can continue to take Pantoprazole 40 mg daily two times a day, along with Mucaine gel (syrup) two times a day before meals. Increase water intake, eat small meals, avoid oily, spicy and citrus food, fruits. Avoid carbonated drinks. Exercise daily. Follow the medication with lifestyle modification.

|