Q. What is the treatment for tooth sensitivity and gum recession?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?

#

Your gum recession is not very severe. You just have to get scaling done at every 8 to 10 months time period. And for sensitivity, use Protect (Potassium Nitrate) mouthwash for sensitivity for one month twice a day. And do saltwater mouthrinses before sleeping for two weeks with lukewarm water. Sensitivity will get better then. You should also use sensitivity relieving toothpaste like Sensodyne sensitive or Colgate sensitive and put the toothpaste like cream in these six teeth and leave as it is for two minutes and then after it, do brushing. Doing all these will definitely lower down sensitivity and will promote the growth of healthy gums in this area in three weeks, provided you follow it all consistently. Give me a follow-up after two weeks. Stay happy and blessed.

|