Gingival Recession

What should I do for pain and darkness in gums below incisors and canines?

Query: Hello doctor, I had wisdom tooth surgery two weeks ago. However, now the gums below my incisors and canines hurt and are turning darker. What do I do? I am using Chlorhexidine mouthwash.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please do not worry. This is melanotic pigmentation caused due to the deposition of melanin. It is not a pathology and had nothing to do with extraction. However, esthetically if it irrit...  Read Full »

Will mouthwash help to cure gum recession?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I noticed a visible gum recession. Ignore black triangles. Got it after orthodontist told me that is due to my nature of teeth shape. I had braces two years ago. I realized the recession when flossing and brushing my teeth. I am wondering if I have overflossed and hurt my gu...  Read Full »

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gum recession is caused due to multiple reasons and one of them is gingivitis or periodontitis. The amount of recession as I see in your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is very less and you need not to worry about it at all unless you experien...  Read Full »

Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your gum recession is not very severe. You just have to get scaling done at every 8 to 10 months time period. And for sensitivity, use Protect (Potassium Nitrate) mouthwash for sensitivity for one month twice a day. And do saltwater mouthrinses before sleeping for two w...  Read Full »

How to maintain my gingiva without recession?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cut my gumline due to brushing too hard. I have a slight recession on my gum. I am taking good care of my teeth. But I am panic. There is no bleeding and pain present. I used a water pick to clean it. I visited a dentist before four months.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a pathological pocket or a healed pathological pocket. The gum recedes due to the pocket or due to faulty brushing technique. I recommend you get...  Read Full »

Can I fix hole in bottom tooth without going to the dentist?

Query: Hello doctor,My bottom tooth has a kind of a hole at the gum line. I do not know. When I breathe in, it feels cold like the air went in my tooth. It just does not seem or feel normal. Also, on my upper front tooth, I have some kind of deep line. Example like when you make a line in the sand and it f...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you are having class 5 dental cavity in the lower tooth. You need to do filling (restoration) of the tooth as soon as possible. If you do not take measures at this time you may need RCT (root canal treatment) which will be 10 to 20 expensive and not...  Read Full »

Why is there sensitivity in the teeth where caps were placed?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 62 years actually went to a dentist because she felt that there is rubbing in between upper jaw tooth enamel and lower jaw tooth enamel and something sour in taste gets secreted out of it. The doctor told that there is decayed tooth on both sides. The doctor filled the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your mother. The history started after ten days that means there will be something wrong with the prosthesis (bridge). I think there must be chipping off of the sealant (the material that fixes the c...  Read Full »

I have tartar in my teeth but no gum bleeding. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have not been the best at my oral hygiene but lately, I feel I have been way better. I am aware of the tartar and that I need a good cleaning. I brush my teeth twice a day, use mouthwash twice a day, from there I use periogen twice a day and top it off with flossing once a day. When...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When you get a full scaling procedure done, all the calculus seen will go away. Then, the gums will look more healthy and good. You have some recession in lower front gums due to heavy calculus buildup (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Make it a habit...  Read Full »