Q. Gums in two of my lower front teeth has raised up. What caused this?

Dr. Nida Shahab

On the my bottom my two front teeth the gums have came up over them but not covered. But the gum is higher up than it is in any other teeth in my mouth. What caused this? Can I fix this in home itself?

Dr. Nida Shahab

Dentistry
#

That condition of your gum is called localized gingivitis. It occurs because of the deposition of calculus and plaque on your teeth and inside the gums margins, which causes inflammation of gums that enlarged in size.

The first treatment is ideally you should visit a dentist and get the scaling, cleaning, and polishing done. Once your teeth and gums get cleaned, after you will have to maintain your hygiene, then after a few days it will become totally fine.

Right now at home you can do proper brushing and flossing and do warm saline i.e. warm water and salt rinses daily, it will heal slowly, but scaling is genuinely required.

| 

Is my dental problem curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 70 years old. He has some dental problem and that is filled with pus and blood. Local dentist checked it, but the treatment does not provide complete solution. It occurs again and again. Please check the picture and tell me what it is. Is it cancerous? Is it curable? Ple...  Read Full »

My lower teeth gum color varies. Please clarify if I have gingivitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I do not know if I have gingivitis. The gums of my front teeth in the lower jaw have a small hint of pale pink. But, on the right side, it shows a hint of a darker pink. Also, my teeth look larger on the back side. Is that normal? Please help me.  Read Full »

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full »